Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Prize-Winning Tomato Sauce

In October The Blue Bird entered some of our secret recipes in The Rock Show.  Roger entered his own creation called "Cumin-side there are oranges in here Tomato Sauce" and took out not only First Prize but Champion in the Men's Section.  It was his first attempt not only at the sauce but also at competing in a show and he was tickled that he did so well.  We are now considering bottling our prize-winning sauce and selling it in our shop.  So watch this space for the chance to sample some.

I entered my Hummingbird cake in the Ladies Cake Section.  It competed alongside a number of cakes of all varieties and won Second Prize (the competition was strong).  As it is the first time I have entered a local show, I was proud of my achievement.  And the prestige has opened all sorts of future possibilities for products available at The Blue Bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment